Premature ejaculation is a condition which can be frustrating to a man and his sexual partner.
It is an embarrassing situation and when it tends to happen frequently such that it begins to affect your sexual pleasure and that of your partner; it then becomes a medical problem.
This condition occurs when the secretion of semen from the penis occurs earlier than a man and his partner wants during intercourse.
This may happen during foreplay or afterwards or immediately intercourse commences.
A research carried out on sex defines premature ejaculation as that which occurs within two minutes of penetration.
It has been estimated that between 20% – 40% of men suffer from this condition at certain periods
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
These include the following:
- Ejaculating routinely with slight sexual stimulation and less control
- Reduction in sexual pleasure as a result of not having good control on ejaculation
- Having Feelings of frustration and embarrassment
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Psychological and biological factors are responsible for premature ejaculation and they include the following:
- Lack of sexual experience: People that don’t have sexual experience find it difficult to control their excitement when engaging in sex thereby leading to premature ejaculation
- Anxiety over sexual performance issues and nervousness can bring about the condition.
- Problems in your relationship might also lead to premature ejaculation
- Guilt feelings, frustration and embarrassment
- Problems of erectile dysfunction
- Stressful conditions and depression
- Engaging in masturbation frequently as adolescents whereby you are in a rush to attain orgasm quickly can lead to premature ejaculation
- It can be as a result of genetic factors
- As a result of thyroid problems
- Taking drugs like cold pill and smoking of cigarette
- Abnormal levels of hormones
- As a result of inflammation and infection of the urethra or prostate
- Nerve damage during surgery or trauma
It is important to work on the problems of premature ejaculation if you have the condition. This is because it can cause problems for a man and his partner.
Such problems include annoyance frustration, headache, sleeping problems and unhappiness for both parties.
Natural Treatment for Premature Ejaculation
There are a series of natural methods that can be used to treat the problem of premature ejaculation and these include the following:
This is a form of meditation that is helpful in controlling the tension and arousal that causes premature ejaculation.
It involves avoiding taking shallow and short breaths which is capable of accelerating the heartbeat and triggering off premature ejaculation.
If you have early ejaculation problem, spend five seconds in taking a deep full breath and hold it for like 3 seconds before exhaling for 5 seconds. If a man can do this without breaking the rhythm, he can use it in the bedroom to help him control early ejaculation.
The Start and Stop method
This is a simple method that can be used alone or with your partner. It involves arousing the penis and stopping just before ejaculation.
Rest for 20-60 seconds and start again as soon as you feel that you have control over yourself. Repeat the same process for about 4 to 5 times, stopping whenever you feel you want to have an orgasm and taking a rest.
After this, let ejaculation take place so you can detect where your point of no return lies. Try to incorporate this into your sexual activity but it can be a quite tasking activity to engage in.
The Squeeze Technique
In this method, you have to squeeze the penis at its base for about 30 seconds prior to ejaculation. It stops the ejaculation and affects your erection before you get aroused again.
Repeat the process for about 5 more times until you cannot delay your ejaculation anymore.
This process also helps you to determine where your point of no return is so as to help you deal with the problem of ejaculating prematurely during sexual intercourse. The method is exasperating but it is worth trying it to help with early ejaculation.
Engaging in kegel exercises is a good way of strengthening the pelvic region thereby creating a strong pubococcygeus muscle that helps to control ejaculating prematurely.
You can locate your pubococcygeus muscle easily by trying to stop the flow of urine, as this muscle is responsible for stopping urine.
Once the muscle has been detected, you can then clench and release it continuously for about 10 seconds. Do a set of three and take a ten second break in between the sets. If you contract the pubococcygeus muscle when you are about to ejaculate, you can then slow things down.
This technique involves stimulating yourself and other parts of your body till you get to a point of no return.
Stop the stimulation at this point and contract your PC muscle and also lower your chin to your chest to prevent your energy from rising high thereby making you feel ungrounded.
Draw in your breath as the feeling of sexual energy rise up in your body. When the feeling has passed, continue stimulating yourself again but do not allow your energy level to drop too much before you continue.
Repeat the process until the desire to ejaculate is not urgent again
Use Condoms with Benzocaine
Benzocaine is a mild anesthetic that has a slight numbing effect and it is capable of helping to decrease sexual sensation.
The benzocaine is located at the tip of the condom and it can help to extend sexual activity and delay climaxing in men for about five minutes.
These condoms are safe to wear and it helps to reduce the fast rate with which men with premature ejaculation tend to orgasm.
Other natural home remedy for treating premature ejaculation includes the following:
- Asparagus powder and milk: to two teaspoon of asparagus powder, add a cup of milk and boil this mixture for about 10 minutes. Take it two times on daily basis for best results.
- A mixture of almonds, cow’s milk, cardamom, saffron and ginger powder: Soak about 10 almonds in water all through the night, the next morning, peel off their skin and crush them, add a cup of hot cow’s milk, a pinch of ginger powder, a pinch of cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
Mix this together and drink it every morning.
You don’t have to feel embarrassed if you have issues of premature ejaculation, seeing a medical practitioner on time is necessary so as to examine the options available to help you deal with the condition.